Tuesday 16 December 2008

Marathon -- Progress So Far

Yup I am running a marathon -- the London Marathon in April next year to be precise.

By way of an update to all those who have sponsored me so far, and those thinking of doing so, I thought I'd give you a progress report.

It’s cold, it’s wet, it’s dark early -- welcome to England in the winter. Truly a miserable time to be doing any kind of outdoor exercise.

So for the most part I have been exercising indoors -- for those of you at Surrey you would have been able to catch me in circuit training 2-3 times per week.

Is it working -- well I've lost belly fat as none of my trousers fit me anymore! And I've dropped a few pounds too. That and my general stamina and fitness are definitely better.

I have also been venturing outdoors, freezing my ass off, but doing a regular 5K twice a week.

The plan is once I get back from Christmas state-side to begin a proper Marathon training programme but my running shoes will be in my hand luggage to the US and I will be keeping up a battle with the usual Christmas bulge.

For those of you who haven't sponsored me yet, please go here and give me some encouragement. I've a long way to go to meet my target of £1100.


http://www.bmycharity.com/V2/jasonsmarathonrun

For those who have -- thanks.

Jason

No comments: