Sunday 7 September 2008

900 months and plane cams

Decided to launch a 2nd blog to keep this one more frivolous and light-hearted.

So if you want to join me in some pondering on the meaning of life click on my blog link on the right.

Can't believe the kids are back for the new Semester tomorrow and I'm still jet-lagged from my 16 hour journey back from Kuala Lumpur via Dubai yesterday -- and I have a 9am lecture to give!


On a separate note -- very worried by the introduction of flight cams on planes. Do we really need or want to see the runway on the big screen as the plane approaches for landing? I know I don't? And why do people clap when the plane lands? I mean that's the pilot's job? Do these people clap when their taxi driver gets them to where they are going or if their train arrives on time or heaven forbid early? And when exactly would they boo?

Later...

No comments: